IAM is the first platform dedicated to women in visual arts, fashion and design from Africa and its Diaspora. IAM is a bilingual (English/French) cross-media platform, encompassing both an editorial website accessible on www.iam-africa.com, a high quality print magazine published twice a year and a program of events. IAM explores local artistic African scenes; portrays artists, designers, curators and art professionals from Africa and its Diaspora and brings together an audience of contemporary women – and men – who believe in the future of Africa and are inspired by those strong personalities. IAM’s overall content is conceived and produced by a team of art, fashion and design connoisseurs across Africa, Europe and North America. To support the coordination of a series of projects related to the platform development, IAM is looking for a Special Projects Manager.
During her/his internship our new colleague will work on:
– web content management: manages the flow of content received from contributors and
supports the process for review, approval, formatting and publishing on the website.
– archiving: creates a database of biographies and artwork visuals
– newsletter: coordinates IAM’s bi-monthly newsletter
– computer skills: WordPress mandatory, Illustrator or InDesign are a strong plus
– has a structured approach to work
– knows online marketing tools (eg Mail Chimp)
– speaks/writes fluently English and French
– is autonomous and disciplined
– has a strong knowledge or interest in African contemporary art
The Special Projects manager will report directly to the Magazine Director. This internship is a 6-month and home-based internship and might require occasional traveling.
Date of internship: Immediately, Please, send your resume and a motivation letter to: Céline Seror at firstname.lastname@example.org.